Monday, November 4, 2013

LOGO:
To show that Young Company is fun, professional, and like a big family, I used the element and principles of design. I used line, shape, space, colour, emphasis, contrast, and balance. The line tells you the name “Young Company” and “Lakeshore C.I.”. The font that I used tells the audience that this is a modern, professional group. The big phoenix shape with “Young Company” inside tells people that they belong to the LCI family. The emphasis and contrast are directed at the name “Young Company” and the phoenix. This makes Young Company looks professional, like a family and fun.
I’m pretty satisfied with my results because I feel that this one best represent Young Company than all my other ones. If o had more time, I would finalized the texts “Young Company” and make it looks more symmetrical.
One of the difficulties I had was filling in the shape colour. The tail of the phoenix was by that problem but it turns out that I kind of like it. A technique I used was the text tools. I learn how to manipulate I to create text that curves or looks a certain way.

POSTER:
I chooses to go with a simple design of having a stole with light shining on it as the main image, the rest are just text and typographies. The element and principles of design I used were line, space, colour, contrast, emphasis, and movement. The lines are seen through typographies throughout the poster which tell the reader important information about the event. There’s a lot of negative space in the back ground because it’s mostly black. The few colours I used were black, white, and red. The red and the white brings out a contrast when place on top of a black backdrop. This also along with the fonts of the text creates emphasis and movements. Another example of movement in the poster is the dates at the bottom of the poster where it guide your eyes along to the here important dates. Its simplicity and great emphasis have given this poster a lot of liking and attractive to most audiences today.
I’m pretty satisfied with my final product because everyone seems to like it and I think I got the proportion close. The one thing that I would chance if I had more time is the spacing and centering of the numbers underneath “November”. They seem to be a bit off to the left and one side seem a little bit higher than the other.

One problem I had was the with the layer line. When I view all the necessary layers, there used to be a line between the “November” and the set of number. That line is the line caused by two different layers. I learned how to merged those two layers and add percentage of a colour (its opacity) to blur the line.  Also learned how to used variety of select tools, some harder but more accurate than other.

No comments:

Post a Comment